Hi there. My name is R.J. Weiss.
I’m a Certified Financial Planner® sharing the best of what I know about building wealth and living the good life.
My mission is to help you connect the dots between your money and what makes you happy.
I’m a 30-something, husband and father of two daughters.
I’m not retired. I’m not a millionaire.
I even have a mortgage.
I’d like to think I’ve done a few things right.
- I’m on track to become financially independent at 40
- I have a good relationship with money
- I’m a pretty happy guy
I wasn’t born with the frugality and happiness gene. It’s just something I’ve prioritized learning and thinking a lot about.
I’m here to share with you the best of what I know and learn.
6 Guiding Principles of The Ways to Wealth
In a world full of noise, The Ways to Wealth is a place that likes to keep things simple. A place to learn about time-tested ideas that lead to a better quality of life.
This isn’t a blog that’s guided by trends. The Ways to Wealth is guided by a set of principles.
Ralph Waldo Emerson famously said;
The man who grasps principles can successfully handle his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.
With principles in place, making good decisions is easy.
I’ve arrived at a 6 key principles that guide my finances, in addition to, guiding the content on this blog.
- The purpose of personal finance is to optimize for happiness, not money (h/t Mr. Money Mustache).
- Money expands who we already are. Money never makes us happy, it can however, make us happier.
- Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants. (h/t Epictetus)
- Your goal should be to become financially independent, even if you don’t plan to stop working
- Wastefulness is the height of irresponsibility. Every dollar that’s not put to use optimally, is wasted.
- Only focus on what you can control.
If that sounds a bit too much philosophical, I get it.
But that’s what I’m hear to fix.
The blog is where I’ll dive deep into the tips, tactics, and strategies to allow you to build wealth and live the good life.
You’ll then want to sign up for the email list below to get updates on when I publish something new.
You’re in the right place.