Bill Ackman is one of the most well-known activist investors of our day. His hedge fund, Pershing Capital, has gains of 17.1% per year since 2004 through through 2015.
He’s taken a hit lately with his position on Herbalife. His fight with Herbalife is well publicized and an interesting case study for activist investors.
Two articles chronicling the entire battle are below:
While controversial, he has sustained success overtime. Most hedge funds are unable to beat the market over an entire decade span, something Bill Ackman has accomplished.
Bill Ackman Reading List: 12 Book Recommendations
What’s on the Bill Ackman reading list?
There’s a unique story behind the list of books.
Bill Ackman first gave this reading list to his new analysis Oliver White. Oliver and Bill first met on a fishing trip where Oliver was the guide. Ackman was so impressed with him, he offered him a position, with the stipulation he read the following books before beginning.
Here are the books on Bill Ackman’s reading list.
- Beating the Street by Peter Lynch
- Confidence Game: How Hedge Fund Manager Bill Ackman Called Wall Street’s Bluff by Christine Richard
- The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America by Lawrence A. Cunningham and Warren Buffett
- Fooling Some of the People All of the Time, A Long Short (and Now Complete) Story, Updated with New Epilogue by David Einhorn and Joel Greenblatt
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
- Margin of Safety: Risk-Averse Value Investing Strategies for the Thoughtful Investor by Seth Klarman
- One Up on Wall Street: How To Use What You Already Know To Make Money In The Market by Peter Lynch and John Rothchild
- Quality of Earnings by Thornton O’Glove
- Security Analysis by Benjamin Graham
- The Warren Buffett Way by Robert G. Hagstrom
- You Can Be a Stock Market Genius: Uncover the Secret Hiding Places of Stock Market Profits by Joel Greenblatt