Latest posts by R.J. Weiss, CFP® (see all)
- How To Survive The Next Recession - June 26, 2017
- 17 Passive Income Ideas for 2017 With Little Or No Upfront Investment - June 22, 2017
- 5 Important Money Lessons You Never Want To Learn The Hard Way - June 20, 2017
David Einhorn is the founder and president of Greenlight Capital.
His investing type has been described as a “long-short value oriented hedge fund.” Others refer to Einhorn’s investing type as an activist investor.
His taken many controversial positions in the market and isn’t shy to promote his position. Nonetheless, he’s generated about a 16.5% annualized return since his fund since inception in 1996.
While you won’t find him talking about how much he reads, he did have a few book recommendations when the question was approached at a recent UJA federation of NY meeting.
David Einhorn Recommended Books
The list of David Einhorn recommended books are as follows:
- You Can Be A Stock Market Genius by Joel Greenblatt
- Margin of Safety by Seth Klarman
- Liar’s Poker by Michael Lewis
David Einhorn’s Book
David Einhorn also wrote a popular book on his own, with over 150 reviews on Amazon: Fooling Some of the People All of the Time, A Long Short (and Now Complete) Story
The book takes a deep dive into his early call of shorting Allied Capital. When he first wrote the book, the outcome of his predictions were unknown. Now, the results are in (and the book is updated).
David Einhorn Recommended Resources
If you’re interested in learning more about David Einhorn, here’s two articles that dive into a bit more of how he thinks.
- David Einhorn and Michael Lewis co-authored a popular New York Times article: The End of the Financial World as We Know It
- He was an activist for Apple investors, which the presentation you can find on his website.
Other Investor Reading Lists
If you enjoyed this reading list, you’ll also like: