Latest posts by R.J. Weiss, CFP® (see all)
- 12 Smart Money Moves You Should Make This Month - August 18, 2017
- How To Save Energy At Home: 15 Easy Ways To Lower Your Utilities - August 16, 2017
- 10 Legit Get Paid To Sign Up Websites: Earn $50+ Fast! - August 14, 2017
James Altucher first came on my radar after reading his excellent book, The Choose Yourself Guide to Wealth.
Altucher is a former hedge fund manager, turned author, podcaster, and blogger.
For a former hedge fund manager, he shares a lot of his past.
Both the good and bad.
A great story teller, Altucher has a way of hooking you into his stories. For someone on the outside of Wall Street, these stories highly entertaining.
He also reads A LOT.
He isn’t shy to recommend a book, or two, or 50+.
As I enjoyed his personal finance/investing book so much, I sought out the books that shaped him.
I’ve created to two separate James Altucher reading lists.
- Investing & Personal Finance
- Business Related
Regarding book recommendation, Altucher has said,
“The reasons I can’t recommend one book is because I find 100s of books to be equally useful and also because zero books might be useful to you. Just because I liked them at this point time in time doesn’t mean anyone else does.”
Interested in a free app that allows you to track your entire portfolio? I highly recommend Personal Capital (available for both iPhone and Android). With Personal Capital you can compare your portfolio to market benchmarks and instantly see your asset allocation across all your investment accounts. Sign up for free.
James Altucher Reading List | Investing and Personal Finance
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Dynamic Hedging: Managing Vanilla and Exotic Options by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Marketsby by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- The Black Swan: Second Edition: The Impact of the Highly Improbable: With a new section: “On Robustness and Fragility” by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi
- Flash Boys by Micahel Lewis
- The Big Short by Michael Lewis
- Secrets of Jewish Wealth Revealed! by Rabbi Celso Cukierkorn
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles
- The Education of Millionaires: It’s Not What You Think and It’s Not Too Late by Michael Ellsburg
- The 100 Next Years by George Friedman
- Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
James Altucher Reading List | Business
- The Four Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Zero To One by Peter Thiel
- Think Like A Freak by Freakonomics
- The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth by Chris Brogan
- Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Unlabel by Marc Ecko
- How To Succeed in Business Without Really Crying by Carol Leifer
- Traction: A Startup Guide To Getting Customers by Gabriel Weinberg
- Bold by Peter Diamondis and Steven Kotler
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson
- The Architecture of Persuasion by Michael Masterson
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene M. Schwartz
- Act Now by Kevin Harrington
- Losing my Virginity by Richard Branson
James Altucher reading list | His All-Time Favorite Book
A James Altucher reading list can’t be complete without mentioning the book, Jesus’ Son by Dennis Johnson.
Altucher has said he’s read this book over 200 times.