Latest posts by R.J. Weiss, CFP® (see all)
- 12 Smart Money Moves You Should Make This Month - August 18, 2017
- How To Save Energy At Home: 15 Easy Ways To Lower Your Utilities - August 16, 2017
- 10 Legit Get Paid To Sign Up Websites: Earn $50+ Fast! - August 14, 2017
Steve Kuhn is well-known for his trading of mortgage backed securities during the financial crisis. In 2009, his fund was able to return 93% a year. Making Steve Kuhn one of the highest earning hedge fund managers in world.
During his 8-year tenure at Pine River Capital Management his fund achieved gains of 24% per year annualized.
In 2016, Forbes had him ranked as #31 on the world richest people.
He has stepped down as of 2016 to focus on philanthropy.
Forbes recently published Steve Kuhn’s reading list he shared with the team at Pine River Capital Management.
Interested in a free app that allows you to track your entire portfolio? I highly recommend Personal Capital (available for both iPhone and Android). With Personal Capital you can compare your portfolio to market benchmarks and instantly see your asset allocation across all your investment accounts. Sign up for free.
Steve Kuhn Reading List
- Predictably Irrational: Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions by Dan Ariely
- Red-Blooded Risk: The Secret History of Wall Street by Aaron Brown
- The Invisible Hands by Steven Drobny (Steve mentioned to focus on chapter # 4)
- The Missing Risk Premium: Why Low Volatility Investing Works by Erik Falkenstein
- Finding Alpha: The Search for Alpha When Risk and Return Break Down by Erik Falkenstein
- Expected Returns: An Investor’s Guide to Harvesting Market Rewards by Antti Ilmanen
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- When Genius Failed: The Rise and Fall of Long-Term Capital Management by Roger Lowenstein
- Fortune’s Formula: The Untold Story of the Scientific Betting System That Beat the Casinos and Wall Street by William Poundstone
- This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly by Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth Rogoff
- The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail — but Some Don’t by Nate Silver
- Fooled by Randomness: The Hidden Role of Chance in Life and in the Markets by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Antifragile: Things That Gain from Disorder by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- The Winner’s Curse: Paradoxes and Anomalies of Economic Life by Richard H. Thayler