Latest posts by R.J. Weiss, CFP® (see all)
- 12 Smart Money Moves You Should Make This Month - August 18, 2017
- How To Save Energy At Home: 15 Easy Ways To Lower Your Utilities - August 16, 2017
- 10 Legit Get Paid To Sign Up Websites: Earn $50+ Fast! - August 14, 2017
Here are 50+ budget friendly paleo meals, starting with 10 family staple budget friendly paleo meals.
Note: Some of the recipes are not 100% paleo. However, easy substitutions can be made. i.e. omit the sugar, coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, and coconut milk instead of milk.
Budget Friendly Paleo Meal Ideas
My Top 10 Favorite Budget Friendly Paleo Meals
- America’s Test Kitchen Taco Meat Recipe – We make the taco meat in batches which we use to make taco bowls for lunch and dinner.
- Meat + Sweet Potato + Broccoli – Grill the meat, bake the sweet potatoes, and steam the broccoli. No recipe needed.
- Jamie Oliver’s Chicken in Milk – Fantastic combination of flavors. Surprised at how good this is.
- Marcella Hazen Roast Chicken w/ Lemons – Another staple from one of my favorite cookbooks Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking
- Oven-Roasted Pulled Pork – This recipe is great for feeding a crowd.
- Sweet Potato Shepard’s Pie – A good meal to make ahead for a small crowd.
- Braised Chicken Thighs with Veggies – Chicken thighs are often the cheapest part of the chicken. We usually end up just braising chicken thighs with whatever veggies we have, similar to this recipe.
- Homemade Ice Cream – Since dairy, nut-free deserts are hard to come by, we make our own ice cream. I mess around with different combos but this recipe is similar to the base I use. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, a good workaround is to blend the ingredients, pour in ice cube treys, then remove and blend again once frozen.
- Beef Stir Fry – Here we’re just browning meat and adding whatever veggies we have on hand (broccoli, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and bok choy), some herbs we grow in the garden (basil, cilantro) then adding some coconut aminos.
A few tips for keeping meals budget friendly:
- We do Amazon Subscribe & Save for Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk, this is one of the few with BPA-Free lining.
- Most of our grocery shopping is done at Costco using the Ibotta app.
- Here’s 9 more tips to saving money on food, without sacrificing your health or quality.
- Try $5 Meal Plan (gluten free option) for more budget-friendly tasty meal ideas.
Budget Friendly Paleo Beef Recipes
- Amish-One-Pan Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet – Smile Sandwich
- Paleo Sloppy Jones – Paleo Grubs
- Paleo Hamburger Bowl – My Natural Family
- Paleo Taco Wannabe Mexican Breakfast Bowl – The Healthy Foodie
- Beanless Beef Chili – Peachy Palate
- Grain-Fee Nacho Pot Pie – Beauty and The Foodie
- Ground Beef Stroganoff – The Paleo Mama
- Cinnamon Beef Stew with Butternut Squash – Guts by Nature
- Stuffed Acorn Squash – Once a Month Meals
Budget Friendly Paleo Chicken Recipes
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Ancestral Nutrition (omit fish sauce if required)
- Tomato Basil & Chicken – Ancestral Nutrition
- Chipolte Chicken Burrito Bowl – $5 Dollar Dinners
- Creamy Leek and Mushroom Chicken Thighs Recipe – Paleo Leap
- Chicken and Broccoli with Creamy Garlic Sauce – Paleo Leap
- One Pot Chicken Moroccan Stew – A Saucy Kitchen
- No Grain Chicken Parmesan – Wellness Mama
- Caribbean Jerk Baked Chicken – My Natural Family
- Coconut Lime Chicken – A Saucy Kitchen
Paleo Coconut Ginger Mushroom Chicken – Paleo OMG
Budget Friendly Paleo Lamb Recipes
- Lamb & Sweet Potato Cottage Pie – Paleo Leap
Scrummy Coconut Lamb Curry – Eat Drink Paleo
- Paleo Lamb Burgers – Paleo Running Mama
- Lamb with Spinach Sauce – Nom Nom Paleo
- Lamb Steaks with Rosemary Sweet Potatoes – BBC Good Food
Budget Friendly Paleo Meatless Recipes
- Vegan Coconut Curry with Sweet Potato Noodles – Food Faith Fitness
- Comforting Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe – Stupid Easy Paleo
- Creamy Tomato Soup – Paleo Comfort Foods
- Paleo Egg Muffins – Healthy Crush
- Paleo Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry – Pop Sugar
- Baked Eggs in Avocado – Pop Sugar
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash and Kale – The Pioneer Women
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs – Skinny Taste
- Sweet Potato and Leek Hash with Eggs – In Sonnet’s Kitchen
- Layered Ratatouille – The Comfort Kitchen