The Chase Freedom Unlimited is a no-fee credit card, that earns 1.5% cashback on all purchases.
Properly used the Chase Freedom Unlimited is one of the best, no annual fee cash back cards around.
Is it right for you?
Chase Freedom Unlimited Review: Benefits, and Balance Transfers
Here are the benefits:
- $150 signup bonus after spending $500 in the first 3 months
- $25 Bonus when you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase within this same 3-month period.
- 1.5% unlimited cashback on every purchase
- No minimums for redeeming points
- As long as you’re account is open, benefits do not expire
Chase Freedom Unlimited Refer A Friend
Another benefit of the Chase Unlimited Freedom card is that it qualifies for Chase’s Refer-A-Friend program.
Since you can refer a friend, spouse, sibling, etc…this can be a great way to rack up points. You earn 10,000 points (or $100) for each referral, with a maximum of 5 referrals per year.
Chase Freedom Unlimited vs. Chase Freedom
There are many ways in which the Chase Freedom Unlimited and the Chase Freedom card are the same.
Both cards offer:
- A $150 signup bonus after spending $500 in the first 3 months
- A $25 Bonus when you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase within this same 3-month period.
- 0% intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers.
The difference is in the cash back rewards.
The Chase Freedom card offers 1% cash back on non-bonus spending. Then, 5% cash back up to $1,500 in combined spending every quarter in rotating categories.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited card offers 1.5% cashback on every purchase.
Another important factor is that these cards are not simply cash back cards. With both the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited you earn Chase Ultimate Reward Points.
Ultimate Rewards can be exchanged for 1 point per cent, i.e. 10,000 points equals $100 in cash back. However, there are many more ways to redeem Ultimate Rewards points such as gift cards and travel.
The Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Unlimited do not allow you to transfer your points to travel partners. In order to do so, you’d need a chase premium card such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Chase Freedom Unlimited Review
For everyday spending, the Chase Freedom Unlimited card earns a solid 1.5% cash back. Paired with the Chase Freedom card, one can easily achieve an average of over 2% cash back on all their purchases.
Since both cards have no annual fee–this is what I do myself. I use the Chase Freedom card for category spending, then use the Chase Freedom Unlimited other purchases (Unless I’m chasing a sign-up bonus).