Want to save money on Christmas gifts without feeling cheap?
Then you’re in the right place.
Because today I’m going to show you 7 easy hacks to spend less money on Christmas gifts.
The best part?
The majority of these tips take minutes. So, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy this Christmas without straining your budget.
Save Money On Christmas Gifts
#1 – Use Swagbucks To Get More Cash Back
Readers of The Ways to Wealth love Swagbucks.
And for good reason.
It’s an easy way to save a lot of money.
If you’ve never heard of Swagbucks, it’s one of the most popular cash back sites. In total, Swagbucks has paid out over $300,000,000 in rewards!
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a free account here (You get $5 just for signing up)
- When you want to buy something online, start your search at Swagbucks. You can search for a product such as LEGOs or stores such as Amazon.
- Then, click through to the site of your choice to make your purchase.
- By making the purchase through Swagbucks, you get points called SBs to exchange for cash or gift cards.
The amount of points you earn depends on the store. For example, right now Amazon and Walmart both have up to 10% cash back, while eBay and Old Navy are 2%.
If you’re doing any shopping online, the seconds it takes to use Swagbucks is well worth it.
#2 – Price Matching Made Easy
There are some crazy sales during Christmas.
But to keep track of them of all to make sure you’re getting the lowest price on everything you buy, you’d drive yourself crazy.
That’s where Paribus comes in.
Paribus monitors your purchases (through emailed receipts), then helps you get money back when stores change their price.
For example, say you spend $800 on a new TV. A few weeks later, that TV goes on sale for $650. Paribus notifies you of this price drop, then helps you get back the $150 difference.
Here’s a quick video that helps explain how it works:
Because Paribus makes it so easy, their free service is one of my favorite ways to save money.
You may have some easy money sitting in your inbox your now.
#3 – Complete Surveys for Gift Cards
Online surveys are an easy way to earn free gift cards or even cash.
You won’t make thousands but you can earn a decent sized gift card in a month for taking surveys in your spare time.
When discussing making money taking surveys, the most important thing is to only use legit sites.
By far the favorite survey site of readers of The Ways to Wealth is Survey Junkie.
Here’s what’s to like about Survey Junkie:
- Survey Junkie is 100% free
- They don’t ask for your phone number to join
- A-rating from the Better Business Bureau
- 8.8 on TrustPilot (highest among survey companies)
- Known for their fun surveys
It takes less than a minute to sign up and get started with Survey Junkie. Then, you’ll be sent qualifying surveys via email.
Another good and 100% legit survey site is Inbox Dollars, which I wrote an in-depth review about.
Bonus Amazon Gift Card Hack: The highly-rated and FREE finance track app, Personal Capital is running a promotion where new users referred by another user get a $20 gift card for signing up and linking one investment accounts (IRA, 401(k), taxable account, etc..).
- Related: How To Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards
#4 – The Robot That Saves You Money
The website Trim is another nearly effortless way to save money. As a matter of fact, recently Trim’s robotic personal assistant got me a $20 statement credit on my Comcast bill.
Trim saves you money by:
- Canceling subscriptions – Trim sends you a list of your subscriptions and cancels the ones you don’t want.
- Negotiating your internet and phone bill – Trim will negotiate your bills on your behalf and get you account credits when there’s an outage.
- Tracking your spending – Find out how much you spent this month simply by asking Trim via text message.
What I like most about Trim (read my full review) is that it makes saving money fun and effortless. After all, who doesn’t like getting a $20 statement credit thanks to a robot?
#5 – Earn More Cash Back
There’s a highly-rated app called Drop that allows you to easily earn cash rewards from your favorite brands.
Here’s how it works:
- Download Drop for free and link your credit or debit card
- Choose your favorite stores (stores include Walmart, Costco, Trader Joes, Safeway, Starbucks, plus dozens of others).
- Then whenever you shop at those stores, you earn rewards.
It’s that simple.
There are then special one-time offers where you can really supercharge your rewards.
Rewards can then redeemed for gift cards.
On average you can expect to earn an extra 1.25% in rewards for your purchases. While it’s not much, it does add up over a year. For example, if you spend $20,000, you’ll get $250 in gift cards.
#6 – Get Discounted Gift Cards
If you’re one of the millions of people who give friends and family gift cards each holiday season, check out Raise — a site the buys unwanted gift cards and resells them at a discount.
Raise offers gift cards from virtually all major retailers for up to 30% off the face value.
Plus, many offers come with “Raise Cash,” a cash-back program that rewards you with money to use on the site — sometimes to the tune of 10% or more. You can also earn Raise Cash by referring people to the site.
All Raise gift cards are delivered digitally and come with a one-year guarantee.
#7 – Triple-Down On Cash Back Rewards
Dosh is another app like Drop that allows you to earn cash by using a linked card at participating stores.
What’s nice about Dosh is that some stores pay up to 10% cash back on a limited time basis.
You also get a free $5 bonus when you connect your first card.
Summary: How To Save Money on Christmas Gifts
You can actually combine all these hacks to save some serious money.
Here’s how it would look:
- Start your search at Swagbucks to earn up to 20% cash back
- Sign up for Paribus to make sure you’re paying the lowest possible price
- Use a gift card you earned from Survey Junkie
- Make sure to have Trim monitor your spending, so you don’t exceed your budget
- Get an extra 1% back in rewards by signing up for Drop
- Get another 1% in rewards after you sign up with Dosh