I first started paying attention to different sign up bonus offers as I wanted to travel. But there’s more to be had then just cheap travel. Whether it’s free Amazon gift cards, passive income from apps, or my personal favorite cash, keeping up with the top sign up bonuses, maximizing your category spending, and free money promotions is to me a game worth playing.
Here’s a list of top cash bonuses and free money promotions on The Ways to Wealth.
- Top personal no-annual fee credit cards
- Top personal credit card sign up bonuses (with fees)
- Top business card sign up bonuses
- Best bonus for refinancing your student loans or personal debt
- Earn a $20 Amazon Gift Card when sign up for Personal Capital
- Earn $10 in cash with iBotta
- Earn $10 in cash with ebates
- Get a $10 statement credit with Debitize
- Earn cash quick with these paid survey sites that offer bonuses
- Earn $139 with these apps that help you earn money for doing almost nothing
Top Personal Credit Card Sign Up Bonuses
Credit card sign up bonuses are a fantastic way to earn points and rewards. The caveat of course is you MUST pay in full each month. No bonus is worth the cost of carrying a balance on your credit card!
But once you earn the rewards, you then want to maximize your category spending.
To receive the best offers, you’re going to want to maximize your credit score. I track my score and get customized tips to improve it with the free Credit Sesame app.
I recommend starting with no-fee annual cards.
The length of your credit history is an important part of your credit score. The longer you have an open credit line, the better. As such, having a few no annual fee cards that you’re not going to cancel years will help improve your score and save you a few bucks.
Earn $300 Applying For These No-Fee Credit Cards
My two favorite no annual fee cards currently available are the:
Each card comes with a $150 bonus ($300 total), after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
The Chase Freedom then gives you 5% on rotating categories. For example, from April through June you get 5% back at grocery stores (not including Walmart and Target). The Chase Freedom Unlimited then gives you 1.5% back on everything. Used in combination, you should be able to average over 2% cash back on everything you buy.
Earn 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards with the Chase Sapphire Reserve
The Chase Sapphire Reserve is in my opinion the best credit card to own right now. It comes with a $450 annual fee, which is steep. However, the card comes with:
- A 50,000 point sign up bonus after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- A $300 annual travel credit
- Earn 3X points on travel and dining purchases
- Priority Pass™ Select Membership, which gives you access to 1,000+ airport lounges
The travel credit of $300 lowers the card’s annual fee to a very reasonable $150. So as long as you can stomach the $450 annual fee the perks on this card are too good to pass up.
If you have a small business or even if you just do some freelancing, it’s smart a move to separate personal and business expenses. More so, business credit cards have some of the best sign up bonuses on the market right now.
Here’s my two favorite.
Get 80,000 Points with the Chase Ink Business Preferred
The Chase Ink Business Preferred Card comes with:
- An 80,000 sign up bonus after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after account opening
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, Internet, cable and phone services, and on advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year
- Annual fee of $95
The 3X point benefit is especially nice for those who advertise on social media sites like Facebook. This actually my top way of accruing points right now.
Get 50,000 Points with the American Express Business Gold Rewards Card
American Express Membership Rewards are considered valuable for their flexibility. You can transfer the rewards to a number of airline or hotels for maximum value. They also have a number of gift card partners you can exchange points on a 1 to 1 basis.
Here’s the current sign up bonus for the American Express Business Gold Rewards Card:
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on the Card within your first 3 months
- $195 annual fee is waived for the first year
One benefit of the American Express Gold Card is that you get 3X points on the category of your choice. The categories are
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
- U.S. purchases at gas stations
- U.S. purchases for shipping
- U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
Get $500 Cash Back or 50,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards Points with the Chase Ink Business Cash Card
It’s rare that a no-fee card comes along with such a great offer but that’s exactly what Chase is offering here with the Chase Ink Business Cash Card.
Here’s the features of the card:
- No Annual Fee.
- $500 Bonus Cash Back. After you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after account opening. You can convert this into 50,000 Chase Ultimate Reward Points.
- 0% APR for 12 months. A 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months
- Earn 5% Cash Back. Earn 5% cash back on at office supply stores and Internet, cable and phone services (at end of year)
Refinancing your student loans is not only a smart way to save money, you can earn some pretty hefty bonuses for doing so.
Here’s a few offers you can take advantage of:
- Get a $100 welcome bonus from SoFi – Refinance your personal or student loans through SoFi and get a $100 welcome bonus
- Get up to a $200 sign up bonus from Credible – Get up to a $200 welcome bonus for refinancing your student loans and a $100 sign up bonus for refinancing personal loans.
Personal Capital is a highly-rated finance tracking app that allows you to track your income, expenses, and net worth. When you sign up for Personal Capital and link one investment account (IRA, 401(k), brokerage, etc..), you’ll earn a $20 Amazon gift card.
iBotta will pay you to buy groceries. All you have to do is scan your receipt and product barcodes after you purchase. What’s nice is a lot of the “coupons” inside the app are for any brand items. So, it’s not always necessary to change your favorite brands.
eBates allows you to earn up to 20% cash back for your online shopping.
If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a $10 bonus too. So, you’ll get an instant $10 back from your first purchase, then you you can earn every time you shop online.
Debitize is an app that allows you to force yourself into only spending the cash you have on hand.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up here for free
- Make purchases on your credit card as you normally would
- Debitize will deduct the amount you spent from your checking account each day
- At the end of the month, Debitize will pay your credit card bill
Sign up with this link, to get a $10 statement credit on your next credit card bill.
If you’re looking for a flexible and fun way to earn cash quick, online surveys are a good choice. How it works is you sign up for a paid survey site, then you’re notified by email when a qualifying survey is available.
For example, here’s a survey opportunity recently emailed to me:
Many survey sites offer signup bonuses for first time users. So to maximize your earnings, sign up for each of the below sites. Then, complete the minimum withdrawal amount for each site. This strategy is likely to maximize your earnings per hour.
Another tip is to use an alternate email address. This way you can sort through your survey emails on a daily basis, to decide which surveys offer the highest payout.
Here’s the sites you can sign up for which have a bonus.
Bonus: $5 Signup bonus
To qualify for the $5 bonus, you must earn 2,500 SBs within the first 60 days of membership. There’s dozens of ways to earn including surveys, online shopping, watching videos, and more.
MyPoints has over 10,000,000 members and has paid out over $230 million in rewards since 1996. With MyPoints you take surveys to earn points, which can be redeemed for gift cards or cash through PayPal.
Bonus: Earn a $5 bonus when you take 5 surveys
InboxDollars is one of the few survey sites with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Having paid out over $57,000,000, they’re also one of the biggest too. For new users, InboxDollars offers a $5 welcome bonus. Then, you need a minimum of $30 in your account before you can request payment.
Panda Research, a well-known survey site, offers a $3 signup bonus for new members. You’ll need to earn $50 before you can withdrawal.
FusionCash is another A+ rated survey site, which offers a $5 bonus. Minimum withdrawal amount is $25.
Having paid out nearly $7,000,000, Vindale Research is another popular survey site. There are also a few ways to earn, such as surveys, reading emails, watching videos, and referring friends.
Minimum withdrawal amount is $50.
There are a select few websites and apps where you can make some passive income. Considering some of them require you to do almost nothing, it’s a pretty easy win.
Try all three, as many The Ways To Wealth readers do, and earn up to $139 this year.
- Nielsen Mobile Panel ($50 a year) – This app runs in the background of your smartphone. It collects data on your use of applications, mobile web and other services for the purpose of market research. When you download the app, you’ll earn $3 for downloading, then another $3 every month it’s installed.
- ShopTracker ($39 a year) – If you shop on Amazon, ShopTracker will pay you to see your shopping history. To start earning you just have to connect Shoptracker to your Amazon account. You’ll instantly earn a $3 Visa Gift card, plus another $3 for every month you keep it installed.
- Drop ($50 a year) – Drop is an app that allows you to earn rewards for your purchases, without even scanning a receipt or even opening the app! All you have to do is sign up for Drop, then link your credit and debit cards. When you make a qualified purchase, you’ll automatically earn points. The points then add up and you can exchange them for a gift card for stores like Amazon.