Latest posts by R.J. Weiss, CFP®
- 7 Habits of Debt Free Families: Live the Debt Free Lifestyle - February 21, 2018
- Pinterest Traffic Tips: How I Got Over 275,00 Page Views From Pinterest In One Month - February 20, 2018
- 17 Best Money Tips From Dave Ramsey of All Time - February 9, 2018
When it comes to online jobs, typing is a great entry level option. The goal with an online typing job is to of course earn money. However, you’re also building skills while getting experience making money from home.
As with with most entry-level jobs, you’re looking at pay around or slightly above minimum wage. The advantage though is that there’s no commute, which saves you a lot of money and time.
For the majority of companies you’re also able to set your own hours as well. This can make finding an online typing job from home a great side hustle for beginners.
The Best Online Typing Jobs From Home Without Investment
When searching for online typing jobs, keep in mind the title of the job can vary. For example, the terms data entry jobs, data entry clerks, transcribers, and online typing jobs can all be used. To expand your search to find the best company, it’s best to search for any of these keywords.
The next thing to keep in mind is the reputation of the company you’re looking to work for. While well-known companies do hire data clerks, there are many small companies that do as well.
The best thing to do is to research the company on Glassdoor. Glassdoor is a website where employees and former employees anonymously review companies and their management team.
This is a great way to find information such as:
- Does the company actually pay what they advertise
- Types of benefits included
- Are there ways to increase your wage
- And more…
As a rule of thumb, if a company isn’t on Glassdoor, I wouldn’t bother applying.
That being said, to write this post I narrowed down the lists to companies looking to hire data entry clerks on Glassdoor.
Related Reading from The Ways to Wealth
- 33 Legit Online Jobs Where You Can Earn Over $40,000 Working From Home
- 65+ Hobbies That Make Money: Fun Ideas For Moms, Retirees, and More
- Online Jobs for College Students: No Experience Or Investment Required
# 1 – VITAC
- Glassdoor Rating: 4.0/5
- Reviews: 70
- Recommend to a Friend: 76%
Summary: VITAC is the largest provider of real-time and offline captioning products and services in the U.S.
# 2 – SigTrack
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.6/5
- Reviews: 7
- Recommend to a Friend: 68%
Summary: A database application company that links grassroots campaigns with crowdsourced data entry freelancers. Every user must provide proof of U.S. residency.
# 3 – Zirtual
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.4/5
- Reviews: 145
- Recommend to a Friend: 61%
Summary: Hires only U.S. based virtual assistants, work can include data entry.
# 4 – LionBridge
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.1/5
- Number of Reviews: 1,100
- Recommend to a Friend: 59%
# 5 – Fancy Hands
- Glassdoor Rating: 2.1/5
- Number of Reviews: 131
- Recommend to a Friend: 26%
Summary: Company that hires virtual assistants, which can include data entry work. You’re paid by the task instead of an hourly fee.
# 6 – Upwork or any Freelancer Site
Upwork is a site where freelancers can find companies looking to hire. It’s the largest and most respected freelance site around.
While there is stiff competition for typing jobs, there is opportunity for data entry jobs.
As you’re new to the site, you’ll have to land your first gig, which can be hard. As someone who has both hired and worked extensively on Upwork, here’s a detailed overview of how to get started.
Two quick tips to landing your first gig:
- Look for companies that are only hiring in your location, such as the United States.
- Send a customized proposal to each client. See this page for a 3-Step Freelance Proposal Template to use on Upwork.
# 7 – Search Indeed for National and Local Companies Hiring
A quick search on the job search site Indeed and you’ll find many different and often well-known companies looking for at home online data entry clerks.
These come and go quite quickly, so it’s best to setup an alert on the site.
Another thing to know is that many of the jobs you’ll find on Indeed do require experience. So, best to get some experience on the above mentioned sites first and then apply for a job direct with a company.
The benefit here is this is where you may find the highest potential for pay and even some benefits with certain companies.
You may also find many local companies looking to hire data entry clerks, which allow you to work from home.
Related Reading from The Ways to Wealth
- 20 High-Paying Part-Time Weekend Jobs For Extra Income
- 14 Ways Introverts Can Make Money Without A Job
- Surveys That Pay Cash: Legit Survey Sites That Pay Cash Through PayPal
Free Email Course: How To Make Your First $1K Blogging
The blueprint I used to earn my first $1K blogging.
Opt-in below to have it sent straight to your inbox!