About The Ways To Wealth
The Ways To Wealth is an independent personal finance website that publishes reviews, “how to” guides, best-of lists, product comparisons and more. Since our inception in 2016, over 10 million readers have turned to us for insights and recommendations on topics as wide-ranging as side hustles, online jobs, budgeting, investing, travel hacking and everything in between.
The site’s founder and editor is R.J. Weiss, CFP®.
Our Mission Statement
Make a difference in people’s lives by delivering objective, reliable advice and recommendations that help them make more money, save more money, and invest their money wisely.
Our Three Core Principles
- Make a Difference. We believe that money, when leveraged correctly, is a tool that can help people maximize their happiness. Good financial decisions can give people the freedom to ditch a job they hate, start a business, or move across the country to live where they want. Our primary goal is to help readers identify what matters most to them — whether that’s breaking out of the paycheck to paycheck cycle or figuring out how to travel the world — and offer actionable steps that can help them make their ideal life a reality.
- Act with Integrity. Readers come to our site looking for ways to improve their financial life. Whether they’re struggling to build an emergency fund, get out of debt, or need advice about how to invest for their future, we always deliver the same advice we’d give to our closest friends and family.
- Be Transparent. When it comes to financial advice, there’s significant potential for conflicts of interest to arise. That’s especially true in financial publishing, where websites often generate a portion of their revenue from product recommendations and affiliate marketing. We’re committed to making sure readers know exactly how we make money, and to ensuring that our editorial decisions are never driven by our relationships with sponsors and marketing partners.
Content We Love
Want to see some examples of our core principles in practice? Check out some of our favorite articles.
- How to Get Out of Debt Fast: A science-backed approach to going from massive debt to debt-free in as little time as possible.
- How to Get Rich: Building wealth isn’t as difficult as many people think, but get-rich-quick schemes and shortcuts aren’t the right approach.
- Hobbies That Pay: An extensive list of hobbies that offer legitimate side-income potential.
- The Beginner’s Guide to Travel Hacking: A detailed walkthrough of how to make the most of credit card points and travel for pennies on the dollar.
- How to Get Your First Job On Upwork: A step-by-step guide taken from founder R.J. Weiss’ success freelancing on Upwork.
- How to Make Your First $1,000 Blogging: An entire course hosted on the Teachable platform and free of charge, about creating and launching your own blog.
Founded in 2016, The Ways To Wealth quickly became one of the fastest-growing personal finance blogs on the web. The site has been read by over 8 million people, including nearly 4 million in 2019.
- 300,000 to 600,000 readers per month
- 10,000 verified email subscribers
- 19,000 Facebook fans
- 40,900 Pinterest followers
For more information about our audience and demographics, see our media, advertising, and sponsorship page.
About R.J. Weiss
A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ with over a decade of experience in the financial services industry, Weiss has been featured in dozens of major media outlets including CNBC, NerdWallet, The New York Times, The Penny Hoarder, The Points Guy, Reader’s Digest, Self Magazine and Yahoo.
Before founding The Ways To Wealth, R.J. spent 10 years working in the financial services industry, including a stint operating his own registered investment advisory firm, where he specialized in helping young families grow and protect their net worth. Prior to that, he worked for his family’s 100-year-old independent insurance agency, specializing in home, auto and life insurance.
R.J. lives with his wife Natalie and their three kids in Geneva, IL.