|Referral link:||Chime referral link.|
|What you get:||$100 bonus.|
|When:||Within seven days after meeting the requirements.|
|Requirements:||Receive a qualifying direct deposit of $200 or more within the first 45 days.|
Chime is offering a $100 bonus to new members who sign up and receive a qualifying direct deposit of $200 or more within the first 45 days of enrolling.
This deposit must come from your employer, payroll provider, gig economy payer or benefits provider.
Types of deposits that do not qualify, include:
- ACH transfers from other banks.
- Peer-to-peer payments through services like PayPal or Venmo.
- Mobile check deposits.
- One-time direct deposits, such as tax refunds.
Why Sign Up For Chime?
The standout feature of Chime is its fee-free banking services. There are no hidden fees, no minimum balance requirements and no overdraft fees.
Something else we like about Chime is its early direct deposit feature, which allows you to get your paycheck two days ahead of schedule.
For those struggling with bad credit, Chime offers a credit builder debit card, which we profiled in our reviews of similar products like Cred.ai and Extra debit card.
One thing to be aware of with Chime is that they’ve never had one of the higher interest rates on savings.
Overall, Chime is an attractive option for people with traditional banks who live paycheck to paycheck and often find themselves paying unnecessary fees.
Learn more in our Chime review.
Chime’s Referral Program
Chime’s referral bonus program is a simple way to earn money by referring others to join.
When you refer a friend and they (a) join Chime and (b) receive a qualifying direct deposit of $200 or more within the first 45 days of enrolling, both you and your friend will receive a $100 bonus.
To take advantage of the referral bonus, simply use a referral link provided by a current Chime customer when you sign up. Your referral link will be available immediately upon signup.
The maximum amount you can earn through a referral bonus is $1,000 per calendar year.
Chime Referral Reward FAQs
No. Only those who use a referral link and have a qualifying direct deposit within 45 days of signing up qualify.
Yes. Referral bonuses are reported on tax form 1099-INT for new members. Referring Chime members who receive $600 or more in bonuses will have it reported on tax form 1099-MISC.
Chime is a financial technology (fintech) software company that offers banking services through its mobile app. The banking services for Chime are provided by The Bancorp Bank or Stride Bank, N.A., Members FDIC.
You can earn a maximum of $1,000 per calendar year with Chime’s referral program.
Chime vs. Other Direct Deposit Bonuses
Chime is one of the many fintech companies that offers sign-up bonuses and referral rewards.
Here’s a comparison of Chime’s $100 referral bonus to other similar promotions:
- SoFi: SoFi is offering a promotion that allows both new and existing SoFi Checking and Savings customers to earn a bonus of up to $250 for setting up direct deposit and receiving a qualifying transaction. The bonus amount for SoFi’s promotion is either $50 or $250, depending on the size of the first direct deposit, with $50 for deposits of $1,000 to $4,999 and $250 for deposits of $5,000 or more.
- Current: Current offers a $50 bonus to new members who sign up and receive a qualifying direct deposit of $200 or more from their employer or benefits provider within 45 days of account opening. The bonus will be awarded within 10 business days of meeting the requirements. Current offers features such as a high savings rate, automated savings via roundups, and a user-friendly budgeting app built into the platform. While the bonus may not be the highest available, Current makes up for it with a higher APY than other options, with up to 4% on balances up to $6,000.
- MoneyLion: By signing up for MoneyLion with referral code $thewaystowealth, you can earn a $55 bonus, $5 for activating your account, and $50 for setting up direct deposit. MoneyLion is an all-in-one financial app that offers banking, investing, crypto and loans. Additionally, through the MoneyLion referral program, you can earn up to $55 in bonuses upon a successful referral. There is no limit to the number of friends and family you can refer. The bonuses take between 24 hours and two weeks to hit your account.
Chime presents itself as a valuable option for individuals seeking a digital banking solution. Its lack of hidden fees, absence of minimum balance requirements, and zero overdraft fees make it an attractive choice for cost-conscious consumers.
Furthermore, the early direct deposit feature allows for greater financial flexibility, while the user-friendly app provides ease of use.
The $100 bonus for a qualifying direct deposit only adds to the appeal and is above that offered by many competitors, like MoneyLion’s $55 bonus. All of these factors combined make Chime a strong contender for those searching for an improved banking experience.