The current best welcome offer for the Capital One Venture X card is 75,000 points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first three months.
You can access the offer by using this referral link.
Note: While a limited-time 90,000-point referral bonus was available through mid-December 2023, those referral links are no longer working. We will update this post if a higher offer (either referral or direct) becomes available.
My Experience With the Venture X Card
I signed up for the Capital One Venture X card when it first launched in late 2021, as did my spouse.
We’ve kept both cards since, as it has become our primary non-bonus category card, replacing the Chase Freedom Unlimited.
The 2X transferable points on all purchases are the biggest benefit for our household spending.
I get great value transferring Capital One miles to Wyndham for Vacasa vacation rental bookings. I’ve also had good redemptions with Avianca LifeMiles and British Airways Avios.
When we travel as a family of five, it’s nice that we can bring two guests into Priority Pass lounges, allowing us all lounge access.
While the $395 annual fee seems high, the $300 travel credit and 10,000-anniversary miles make it easy to offset.
The primary rental car insurance is a useful perk as well, and helps make using the $300 travel credit a no-brainer on car rentals.
I frequently use the card to pay taxes, essentially buying miles at under 1 cent each.
Capital One miles can always be transferred between household members and, in fact, any Capital One Venture X cardholder. This means a two-person household could earn two 75,000-point welcome bonuses (for a total of 150,000 points) along with another 16,000 points from meeting the $4,000 spending requirement on each card.
For beginners, this is one of my favorite travel cards.
But with plenty of 2% cash-back options with no annual fee, it makes the most sense for those who will use the transferable miles for trips.
Capital One Venture X Benefits and Perks
The Venture X offers a robust set of benefits that make the $395 annual fee well worth it in my opinion.
- 2X miles on all purchases. This excellent uncapped earning rate has made Venture X my go-to card for non-bonus spending. The flexible 2X miles really add up.
- $300 annual travel credit. Helps offset the annual fee. I use my credit towards rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
- Airport lounge access. Get complimentary access to over 1,300 Priority Pass lounges worldwide for yourself and 2 guests when traveling. The Venture X also grants unlimited access to Capital One’s own growing network of premium airport lounges.
- 10,000-point anniversary bonus. Receive 10,000 bonus miles every cardmember anniversary, starting on your first anniversary.
- Primary rental car insurance. Rental cars booked on the Venture X come with primary collision damage waiver coverage. This is rare for credit cards and can save you significantly on rental insurance.
- Global Entry/TSA PreCheck credit. Get reimbursed up to $100 for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fees every four years. Makes getting through airport security a breeze.
- No foreign transaction fees. The Venture X charges no extra foreign transaction fees, so it’s a great card to use internationally.
The Venture X really shines when it comes to travel perks and protections. Between the lounge access, credits and insurance, it offers exceptional value for travelers.
The Venture X card has become a staple in our household. Between the flexible 2X earning rate, annual credits, lounge access, and travel perks like primary rental coverage, it provides exceptional ongoing value.