Looking for some extra cash? Why not get paid to take pictures with your phone?
There are many websites and apps that allow you to monetize your smartphone pics.
Here are 7 ways you can get started making money taking pictures today.
# 1 – Take Pictures Of Your Receipts
iBotta (read our Ibotta review) is the simplest and fastest way to get paid to take pictures with your phone as zero creativity in involved. That’s because all you’re doing is taking pictures of your receipts.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for iBotta here (you just need a name/email address to start)
- Next time you’re headed to the grocery store browse the app to see what items offer cash back
- Once you’ve purchased the items take a picture of your receipt, then iBotta will give you cash back
What I like most about the iBotta app are “Any Brand” offers. These offers give you cash back for any type of item, e.g. milk, bananas, yogurt, etc… This way you don’t have to switch favorite brands to make a buck or two.
Once then you’ve accumulated $20 worth of coupons, you can cash out using PayPal or Venmo.
Right now there’s also a $10 bonus iBotta gives to new users for redeeming their first receipt.
# 2 – Take Pictures Of Help Wanted Signs
Next time you’re walking about in a commercial area, see if you can spot a hiring sign. By snapping a photo of that sign and the storefront, you can earn up to $1 from the JobSpotter app.
JobSpotter, owned by Indeed, lets anyone upload hiring signs for points. You’ll earn between 10 and 100 points per sign/storefront, which you can exchange for Amazon gift cards.
The app is available for both Android (Rating: 4.3 – 2,393 votes ) and iPhone (Rating: 4.3 – 115 reviews).
Related Reading From The Ways To Wealth
- 15 Legit Money Making Apps That Can Add Up To $500 A Month In Income
- Legit Survey Sites That Pay Cash Through PayPal
- 10 Get Paid To Sign Up Websites: Earn $50+ Fast!
# 3 – EyeEm
The EyeEm app allows you to sell your smartphone pics to leading brands and agencies.
Here’s how it works…
- You sign for the app (available for both Android and iPhone)
- Choose the pictures you want to upload to the site
- EyeEm will give you 50% of the commission each time a photo sells
The app has some great reviews…
- iPhone – Rating: 4.6 – 169 reviews
- Android – Rating: 4.2 – 212,397 votes
…so if you have some creative shots on your camera, check it out.
# 4 – Foap
Foap is like EyeEm where it acts as a middleman for selling your photos. You upload the photos you want to sell, then Foap will give you 50% of the commission.
Most photos sell for $10, so you’ll then get $5 per sale.
Looking at the traffic stats through Alexa, Foap gets less than EyeEm. However, as it’s simple to upload your photos — there’s really no harm in being on multiple sites. With both Foap and EyeEm, you maintain ownership of the photo.
# 5 – Clashot
Clashot is another way to upload photos and earn money.
With Clashot prices on photos range from $5 to $80, so if you have some very high-quality shots — you’ll have a higher upside.
The app has a rating of 4.2 with 17,092 votes for Android. However, for iPhone users, the app has only a 1.8 rating with 8 reviews.
# 6 – Become A Stock Photographer
While there are a limited amount of apps that allow you to make money taking pictures — there are hundreds of websites that allow you to submit photographs. The nice thing is that with the quality of smartphone cameras today — you no longer need to spend thousands for a fancy DSLR (although, if you have one, it certainly doesn’t hurt).
Some stock photography sites take any and all contributions, others you have to go through an approval process.
Before you join, you want to understand if you maintain copyright of your work — this allows you to sell the photos on other websites.
Here’s a few of the larger stock photo sites to start with:
# 7 – Make Money Finding Rare Books
Ever see a box of old books at a garage sale on sale for pennies each?
You can make some nice side cash “flipping” those books for a profit with Bookscouter.
How it works is you use your phone to scan the ISBN number of the book. Then, Bookscouter will tell you how much that book is worth on multiple sites.
Once you find the highest offer, you ship the book to that retailer using a prepaid shipping label. It’s a fun way to earn money if you frequent garage sales, flea markets, or used bookstores.
Summary: 7 Ways To Get Paid To Take Pictures With Your Phone
The better your skills as a photographer, the more you can make money taking pictures with your phone
Here are some highly-rated books on taking pictures with your smartphone:
- The Art of iPhone Photography: Creating Great Photos and Art on Your iPhone
- Art with an iPhone: A Photographer’s Guide to Creating Altered Realities
- Sixty Tips for Creative iPhone Photography
- Art of a Small Camera: creative photography for compact cameras and smartphones
Related Reading From The Ways To Wealth
- How To Invest In Yourself: 25 Mostly Free Ways To Upgrade Your Life
- 33 Legit Online Jobs Where You Can Earn Over $40,000 Working From Home
- 16 Hottest Small Scale Business Ideas of 2017