With cashback sites like BeFrugal, it makes no sense NOT to sign up. You get free money for doing something you were doing anyway.
But is BeFrugal the best cashback site around?
This BeFrugal review will clue you in on how this website works, how it stacks up to the competitors, and tips to optimize your earnings.
Let’s get started…
How BeFrugal Works
BeFrugal is free to sign up and use.
Once you’re signed up, you can earn up to 40 percent cash back at more than 5,000 stores, including big retailers like Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
You earn money because the online retailers give BeFrugal a commission for driving sales.
BeFrugal then shares the money they get from the online retailers with you.
It’s a win-win situation for everybody. The company gets more sales, and you end up with cash back.
As an example, after signing up, say you wanted to buy something on Amazon.
Here’s how the process works:
- Step # 1) You’d first got to BeFrugal, which conventionality has a link to Amazon on the homepage.
- Step # 2) After clicking this link, you’re automatically taken to Amazon.
- Step # 3) Once you buy something, the money is then deposited into your BeFrugal account.
BeFrugal Browser Extension
In addition to giving you cash back, BeFrugal has a browser extension that automatically gives you the best coupon deal.
They are so confident about the validity of their coupons that they guarantee them. If you try one of their coupons online and it doesn’t work, they will compensate you with $5.
You can download the extension on Firefox and Chrome. When you’re getting ready to shop, all you have to do is click on the shop now button or on a coupon or deal that shows there is cash back available.
BeFrugal Mobile App Review
Last is the BeFrugal mobile app. The app is available in both the App Store and for Google.
The concept behind the app is the same as the website.
What’s nice about the app is you can get in-store printable coupons. This way, you can scan the app real quick for any coupons, before making a purchase.
Getting Paid from BeFrugal
If you’ve never used a cashback site before, it’s easy to wonder whether they’re legit.
So, yes, you actually do get paid. And when it comes time to withdraw money, here’s what you can expect…
After you make your purchase, your cash back reward will be sent to your account with BeFrugal within a week.
BeFrugal will send you your money through direct deposit, a gift card, a check, or PayPal. You should be aware, however, that you have to have at least $25 saved up to receive your money through direct deposit.
If you want to receive your money through snail mail in the form of a check, you also have to withdraw at least $25.
The e-gift cards – if you decide upon that option — will be delivered electronically. Every one of the gift cards can be used in the store or when shopping online. None of the cards will expire, and they also don’t carry any fees, except the Visa prepaid card. That card must be used within seven months.
Another aspect about BeFrugal that makes them stand out is their customer service department. The customer service team is based in the U.S. The website also has a live chat so you can get any questions answered immediately.
Getting The $10 Sign Up Bonus
Earning $10 right off the bat is easy to do with BeFrugal. All you have to do is sign up and shop. You’ll get your $10 bonus money paid to you after you earn your first $10 in cash back.
That’s a good deal considering signing up takes seconds.
That may be the quickest $10 you’ve earned in a while. That’s one of the reasons you might want to sign up for more than one cashback website. You can earn more sign-up bonuses, which is a free way to score some extra money.
While $10 may seem like a small amount of money, it’s just a part of the bigger picture. After all, if you find a way to earn other easy wins like this, suddenly your finances are looking up.
Ebates vs. BeFrugal
Most earn money for shopping apps are pretty similar to each other, but they can be slightly different. Because of that, it’s a good idea to know which one might be best suited to you.
This section will take a look at BeFrugal vs Ebates.
Because cashback offers will constantly change on each site, it’s a good idea to stay on top of them. Check each one you’ve signed up for before making a purchase. That way you’ll ensure you’ll use the one with the most value.
The thing to remember is that no ONE cashback site is better than the other– they are all a bit different depending on what’s important to you. To help you figure out what each site has to offer and which one has the features that most appeal to you, take a look below:
Remember, you don’t have to choose just one.
It’s an easy financial win – and anytime you can find one of those, you should pounce.
- Related: The Ways to Wealth’s review of Ebates.
If Amazon is your favorite online retailer, here’s a perk of BeFrugal you’ll want to be familiar with. They have one of the higher cashback payouts on Amazon.
Although the number will fluctuate, right now you can get up to 10 percent cash back on Amazon through BeFrugal.
How much you get back is determined by the category you shop in:
What you can do to best take advantage of those savings is create a wishlist on Amazon. It can be things you’ve been wanting to buy for a while, stocking up on common household products like paper towels and toilet paper, or even your annual Christmas gift list.
Compile your wish list of things you would ordinarily be buying anyway. Then when you see a high savings rate through BeFrugal on Amazon, that’s the time to leap. It’s like buying those items when they’re on sale because you’ll get some money back.
BeFrugal Review: Tips to Optimize Cash Back
- Earn the sign-up bonus, even if you use other cashback sites like Ebates or Swagbucks. It’s an easy win, and you can get it just through one purchase.
- Start a referral group to refer friends and family. If you’re married, refer your spouse and you’ll double your dollars if you both sign up. Between the sign-up bonus, the referral credit, and your first purchase, you’ll already have a good chunk of change stored up. If you don’t have a spouse, ask a close friend to join and then they can refer you to another cashback site. Or when you receive your referral money, you can split it in half with your friend. Your frugal-minded friends will love the opportunity to save money, and you can have fun too while doing it.
- Always check BeFrugal to see what cashback rate they’re paying for a certain store. Sometimes it’s higher than Ebates, but sometimes it isn’t. You’ll be able to save more money if you take an extra minute to see how much cash back each site is using right before you make your purchase. It won’t take long, but if you play it smart, you’ll be rewarding yourself even more.
- Use the websites on products you were going to purchase anyway. These cashback sites are great, but you have to put them to work for you, not abuse them. Stay within your budget and only buy things you were planning to anyway. You don’t want this to cost you money long term.
Related Reading on The Ways to Wealth
- I Need Money Today: 24+ Safe & Fast Ways to Get Money Now
- Best Survey Sites for Making Money Fast
- Shoptracker Review 2018: An Easy $39 a Year or Waste of Time?
- How to Make Money Without a Job