Swagbucks is currently offering 6,000 rewards points (worth $60) when you sign up for Stash through your Swagbucks account.
In addition, you’ll get $10 from Stash, for a total bonus of $70.
The steps required to earn the 6,000 Swagbucks point are:
- Go to the Swagbucks “Discovery” page and look for the Stash offer under “Finance.”
- Click the offer and sign up for a new Stash account through the link.
- Deposit at least $5 into your new Stash investment portfolio.
Once your $5 deposit into Stash processes, you’ll receive 6,000 points from Swagbucks. This bonus will be pending for 32 days before you can cash out.
The $10 Stash bonus goes into your new Stash Personal Portfolio account, and you have to wait 90 days to withdraw it.
The Stash portfolio has a $3 monthly fee after the first free month. You can cancel at any time without penalty, but make sure to keep your account open for at least 90 days to withdraw your bonus funds.
How Does Stash Work?
Stash is an investment, banking and retirement planning app for beginner investors.
Some key things to know about Stash are:
- Stash offers both automated investing portfolios and the ability to pick stocks/ETFs. The minimum to start investing is just $5.
- Stash offers two main pricing plans: Stash Growth at $3 per month, and Stash+ at $9 per month. Both plans provide investing, banking and insurance access, with Stash+ offering more features, such as 2X stock rewards on debit card purchases.
- Stash offers FDIC-insured banking with debit cards, early direct deposit, and a 1% stock-back rewards program.
- You can open a traditional or Roth IRA with Stash to save for retirement.
- You can invest in fractions of stocks/ETFs with any amount.
Stash doesn’t necessarily offer standout features that justify the $3 or $9 monthly fee, given that competitors like SoFi offer similar automated investing for free.
The one potential perk of the platform is Stash’s stock-back rewards on debit card purchases. You can earn up to 1% back on the first $1,000 in monthly purchases (then 0.125% after that).
So if you spend $1,000 per month on the Stash debit card, you’d effectively earn around 0.7% back in stock rewards. That isn’t best-in-class, but it’s more than most debit cards offer.
For heavy debit card users, the stock-back rewards could potentially offset the monthly Stash subscription fees and provide some added value. But for most others, the fees may outweigh the benefits compared to free alternatives.
How Does Swagbucks Work?
Swagbucks rewards members with points (called SBs) for completing various online tasks like signing up for certain offers, completing surveys, watching videos, playing games and more.
Here’s a quick overview:
- Each SB is worth 1 cent.
- SBs can be redeemed for gift cards or cash.
- Popular rewards include PayPal, Amazon gift cards and Visa gift cards.
- There is no minimum payout amount, with most gift cards starting at just 300 SB ($3 value).
Plus, sign up with our link to get a $10 welcome bonus after spending $20 within the Swagbucks shopping portal.
Get $20 in Free Stock for Referring Friends
Stash also offers a referral program, where you can earn free stock for getting friends and family to sign up.
For each person you refer who makes a qualifying deposit (which is just 1 cent), you’ll receive $20 in free stock added to your Stash portfolio.
To earn your free refer-a-friend stock:
- Your referral must open a new Stash Personal Portfolio account using your link.
- They need to initiate a deposit of at least $0.01 into their Stash account.
- Once their deposit goes through, you’ll receive $20 in free stock in your account.
You can earn up to $1,000 in referrals per year.
How the Stash Bonus Compares to Other Investing App Offers
The Stash signup bonus stacks up well against other popular investing app promotions.
|Stash||$70 ($60 from Swagbucks, $10 from Stash).||Sign up via via Swagbucks offer page, then deposit $5 or more into your Stash account.|
|Moomoo||Up to 16 free stocks valued between $3 and $2,000.||Sign up via a referral link, then deposit $100 to $5,000 (based on desired bonus tier).|
|Webull||Between six and 12 fractional shares of stock.||Sign up via a referral link, then make an initial deposit of any amount.|
|SoFi Invest||$40 in rewards points.||Sign up via Swagbucks offer page, then deposit $20 or more into your SoFi invest account.|
|Public||$16 in rewards points.||Sign up via Swagbucks offer page, then deposit $20 or more into your Public account.|
Moomoo offers one of the most generous free stock bonuses.
In the current best Moomoo promotion, you can get up to 16 free stocks valued from $3 to $2,000 each when you sign up and make a qualifying deposit of $100 to $5,000. Deposit $100 for 5 stocks, $1,000 for 15 stocks, or $5,000 for 15 stocks plus a share of Tesla or Google. You must maintain your deposit for 60 days before the bonus stocks are yours to keep or sell.
Webull’s current best promotion provides free fractional shares of 6-12 stocks when you open an account, regardless of the deposit amount. Stocks are randomly selected from a pool of 2,000+ securities. You must wait 30 days to cash out.
Looking at different investment offers on Swagbucks, a few worth checking into are:
- SoFi Invest: The current Swagbucks promotion gives you 4,000 SBs ($40 value) when you deposit $20. Those points are pending for 32 days before you can redeem them.
- Public: The current Swagbucks promotion offers 1,600 SBs ($16 value) when you deposit $20 into a new account. These points are pending for 32 days before you can redeem them.
Overall, the Swagbucks/Stash promotion stands out thanks to its high $70 total bonus ($60 from Swagbucks and $10 from Stash), with only $5 needed to open an account.